Cricketer Fatima Sana Gets Nomination for ICC Women’s Player of the Month

Photo by Alessandro Bogliari on Unsplash

Pakistani Cricketer Fatima Sana has got a nomination for the ICC Women’s Player of the month award. International Cricket Council (ICC) has nominated her alongside two other players named Hayley Matthews and Stephanie Taylor from West Indies. This nomination is a historic achievement for Fatima as she has recognition by the international body.

The ICC player of the month awards was introduced in January this year to acknowledge the best international performances across formats for male and female cricketers. Sana was the prominent wicket-taker for Pakistan in the ODI series against the West Indies. An independent ICC Voting Academy and fans around the globe can now vote to decide winners. The result will be disclosed next week.

Furthermore, nominees for July in the men’s category involve Shakib Al Hasan from Bangladesh, Mitchell Marsh from Australia, and Hayden Walsh Jr from West Indies. Nominees for each category are chosen based on the player’s performances from the first day to the last day of the calendar month.

Moreover, the Voting Academy of ICC includes prominent journalists, former cricketers, broadcasters, and members of the ICC Hall of Fame. The votes of Voting Academy comprise 90% of votes and the votes of fans registered by the ICC vote through the ICC website and their votes make up for the remaining 10%.