A woman left everyone surprised when she entered to pay for gas wearing a face mask with a hole exposing her mouth and nose. The incredible moment was captured by the shopkeeper.
Joe Samaan was on his shift at an S J Food Mart outside Lexington, Kentucky when a ridiculous incident happened in the shop. A woman approached the counter and said: “Hi there Can I get 10 on pump one please.”
Joe proceeded what she asked and inquired her ‘where did you buy this mask from?’ She answered: “‘Well since we have to wear them and it makes it hard to breathe, cutting it makes it a lot easier to breathe.”
Joe Samaan was shocked after hearing her response and asked her again ‘cutting it?. She responded in yes. He replied he will do that and thanked her for her advice.
The video has got 4.2 million views and one person wrote ‘this is how brain dead people are’. According to guidelines, face masks protect people from novel coronavirus as it entered the body through mouth and nose.
It is not clear what was the mental health condition of a woman who did this stupid act. If we exposed our mouth and nose than what’s the point of wearing the mask. Making a hole in the mask makes it completely useless.
WHO also shared the following guidelines regarding the face masks:
- Clean hand before wearing masks.
- Make sure there are no gaps between your face and masks.
- Avoid touching the mask and if you do clean your hand with alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and water.
- Don’t re-use a single-used mask.
- Remove the mask from behind and immediately discard the used mask.
- Clean hand after removing the mask.