An 11-year-old girl was using her iPhone 6 that it suddenly started sparking. The girl threw the phone on her blanket and after that, the phone blasted leaving marks everywhere. The iPhone was completely burned.
Apple is still investigating the incident. There could be a number of reasons due to which the incident took place. As iPhone 6 is now 5 years old it could be because of the old battery. Other reasons could be that the phone temperature rose above its normal level. Incidents like these have taken place before too but it was only because people were not using original chargers and the fake charger damaged the phone.
However, it is important to note that none of the factors actually apply to the girl’s situation. Due to the blast, the girl suffered from some minor burns but her mother is worried that this could have been serious if the girl didn’t drop the phone on time. The family shipped the phone back to apple.
Apple hasn’t commented on the issue but their engineers are looking into this matter also the family has been guaranteed that they will get a replacement for this phone.